Monday, January 28, 2013

Example of Simple Description Text about My House


My  House

       I live in a small house. It's located in Arjuna Street Milkytown. There is a large yard in front of my house. My father plants a mango tree there. On the right side of my house there is a garden. My mother likes gardening in this garden. There are many kinds of flowers, such as: rose, dahlias and many other that I don't know its name. On the left side there is my grandmother's house. And on the back side there are many banana trees which are planted by my father.
       From the outside, my house is green in colour. There are 8 rooms in my house. There are living room, 2 bedrooms, a family room, 2 kitchen, ware house and bathroom.
       When you enter my house, you will see a small living room with 3 chairs, and flowers on the table. There are photos of my families on the wall. The colour of this room is pink. So you will feel another atmosphere after entering this room.
       My bedroom is next to the living room. In my room there are a cupboard, large bed, table, and music player with the speaker. This room is different from the colour. My bedroom is green and the other rooms are pink.  I like reading in this room, because no one will disturb me.
       In front of my bedroom there is a special room for guest to have lunch or dinner. And sometimes I always study together with my friends there. There is no chairs at all, just a carpet with a short table and we can relax here.
       On the right side of my bedroom is my parents'. There are a bed, dressing table, chair and a cupboard. This room is as large as my bedroom.
       The family room is in front of my parents' room. There are a carpet, small table, and television. My parents and I always have a talk in this room. We usually gather in the evening and I always share my activities with them. This room is also used for having lunch together.
      We have two kitchens. The first is located between the bathroom and my parents' room. The function of this kitchen is to cook with modern equipments, such as gas stove, blender, and there is a refrigerator in this room. My mother always does her work as a house wife here. She always prepare my breakfast, lunch and dinner there. The other kitchen is behind the first kitchen next to the bathroom. My mother usually uses this kitchen to cook food traditionally, by using wood in the earthen stove.
       The bathroom is behind the first kitchen. And next to it is a ware house. It is used to keep wood and broken equipment that can not be used.
Although it's a small house, it's like a paradise for me, the place where I find happiness, care, and love from my family.

13 comments: