Wednesday, August 6, 2014

How to revise during holiday


Holiday is the best time for almost all students who were busy doing their activity at school or campus. To make your holiday worthy, you can plan to have revision during your holiday. Wait, revision? During holiday? PLEASE!!!
One thing first, I know you have a long holiday that sometimes more than a month especially for university students. Two weeks or three weeks are actually enough for resting your mind and brain from school stuffs. You can also enjoy your holiday by having a trip to somewhere for 5-7 days.
And I know that maybe some of you ask, Will it work study during holiday? You’ll never know ‘till you’ve tried. J
You also may apply these tips for “general study” (study not in holiday) or before exams. So, it’s fine to keep on reading… #wink

And this is it:

HOW TO REVISE DURING HOLIDAY
STEP ONE
Make a schedule
By making a schedule means that you already have had a will to study. A will to study is the most important thing you must have. Without it you will be not serious in learning something and it will waste your time. In making schedule, you have to focus on how many days you get in your holiday. Do not force the whole holiday for study. Your holiday aims to rest your brain from school or university stuff. Just make sure that you rest your brain and mind wisely during your holiday.
Then you decide how many days for learning and enjoying your holiday.
It’s important to make details but not as details as possible. What I mean by making details is that what material you want to learn and how many hours you need for each material.

STEP TWO
Find your best place to study
Finding a comfortable place to study is not a hard thing to do. You can study in your room or terrace or your garden. Sometimes study in outdoor has different atmosphere. Make it as an alternative place if you are bored study in your room.

STEP THREE
Remove all distraction
Personally I am kind of person who can study in a silent place. However, I can still study in crowded place but it’s not really effective for me because I only get a little thing which is sometimes better than nothing.
The aim of removing all distraction is to make you more focus on what you are learning. If you are a kind of person that can study while listening to music, just do it though. However, based on research not all music genres can support your study. It says that only classic music which can improve your brain activity while study.
Internet sometimes can be a friend. In the other hand, it can be the best “evil” in distracting your focus. I’m usually distracted by social media. Then I decide to open my social media first just for five or 10 minutes to see notifications and to mute conversation. Then I close them and open google to search material that maybe unavailable in my hand book or note.


STEP FOUR
Use your curiosity as a weapon
TBH, I usually learned some materials not because I really want to know them but just to get good score. In fact, that’s not the point. The point is that you know what you have learnt. Getting a good score is just an appreciation.
So, if you really want to learn something make sure that you have “The Right Purpose”.
Study is not only killing the time by reading some school things but also knowing something.
Make sure you have curiosity while study. In bahasa Indonesia use your “KEPO” side. Use What, Why, Who, and How to learn things. When and where are just for more details information.
When you have the answer of your curiosity means that you’re not only memorizing but also understanding the material. Thus, what curiosity as a weapon means.

STEP FIVE
Do not revise too long
People usually study too much. I think it makes their study ineffective. It makes their brain work too hard. For me, to make study become effective is by giving some rest for about 15 or 20 minutes every 1 or 2 hours study. I usually use phase two (after taking break) for QnA. I can do it by myself using two sides of paper. One for question and the other for the answer. Even better doing QnA with your friends. I think it will work well to check your understanding on what you have learnt.

One thing that you have to underline is that you may be forget what you have learnt so far when you are at school. You can cheat that by having QnA every weekend or whenever you think it’s best for you to do it.

I think that’s all tips from me. I hope it can help your study problem. If you have your own style of study and it work, just do yours. However I would be glad if you can share it to me or others. J

Keep in touch

No comments:

Post a Comment